How do I upgrade to budgie-remix 16.10 ?
Good question – our recommended upgrade method is below – please follow this if you intend to upgrade to budgie-remix 16.10 from budgie-remix 16.04.1.
- clean install – backup what you need to a USB external drive and restore later.
Alternatively upgrade as follows:
- backup – backup – backup – we cannot stress this enough – Use this Q&A to help
- make sure you are fully up-to-date – don’t miss this step
sudo apt update sudo apt full-upgrade
- Plugin to a wired connection not wireless
- Launch gnome-software:
- Choose Software & Updates
- in the update tab change “notify me of a new ubuntu version” to the value “For any new version”
- close gnome-software
- CTRL+ALT+T to open a terminal and type the following:
- press ENTER when requested
- press y when requested to download all updates
- press y to remove obsolete packages
IMPORTANT: press n to complete the upgrade i.e. you DONT want to reboot.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:budgie-remix/ppa sudo apt update sudo apt full-upgrade sudo reboot --
If you are using the plank dock with Arc-Theme – start menu – plank preferences
Change the plank theme to GTK+ and the new recommended icon size is 32px