After taking a bit of a breather over the summer holidays the team are back in full swing.
We have had a substantial financial donation – thanks Felix!
We do need you to help us to remain a viable distro – so if you can afford the cost of just one of your favourite coffee in a month, please consider help us with a small donation.
Paypal is gratefully accepted – regular donors via Patreon would be great! More details on our Support Us web-page.
We put together our 16.10 alpha – many thanks for all our testers. The feedback has been valuable.
Alpha to beta changes:
- Networking has been fixed – we now use the new Canonical Netplan configuration
- Debian Wallpapers has been removed
- The ISO can now be installed in all locales offered by the installer
- The ISO comes with English, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese for fast installation. All other locales and languages are downloaded if required
- The 16.10 Community Contest wallpapers have been included.
- Plymouth now correctly displays “budgie-remix”
- The ISO can now be installed via Ubuntu USB Creator
- budgie-welcome has been updated to 0.3.10
- budgie-welcome now launches the Ubuntu Installer when in “live-dvd/USB” mode
- Rhythmbox defaults to the Arc dark theme – just gorgeous!
- The spurious gnome-shell session available via the login screen has been removed.
Unfortunately we have decided to drop (at least for 16.10) our change to a new greeter. This is due to serious upstream issues affecting Debian and Ubuntu that have now (as yet) not been resolved.
We are pleased that more of the budgie-remix packages have now been made available directly from the Ubuntu Universe Repos. We are nearly there with our aim to get all of the budgie-remix packages into the Ubuntu repositories – a prerequisite for our Official Community Flavour Status application to be considered by the Ubuntu Technical Board.
We are exploring creating a new icon-theme that blends Moka with Arc themed icons – more news on this in the future hopefully … but to give you a flavour – a few Arc-coloured icons from various icon-themes and what we are currently considering for the Files folder icon.
Shush … secret between you and the team …
Try https://ubuntubudgie.org … that website URL could be useful in the future😉